my roommate asked me to research how to ween her 16 month old away from breast feeding

He is starting daycare in about a week and she is worried he will have a hard time adjusting due to this.

brite_eyez

Asked by brite_eyez at 4:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Much better than "how to get a kid off the tit." like the original stated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• drop one feeding a day. the nite time feeding is usually the last one to go. replaced the feeding you drop with something like cudlding or soemthing that is fun.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I just started only BFing before naps and bedtime to get my son to sleep. He got wise to it and soon refused the boob thinking he'd get to sty up..

That's just my kid though. Every kid is different.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• She should consider different options on how to do it and decide what way will work best for her and the toddler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i definitely wouldn't suggest weaning right with a big change like starting day care if that's what you mean. baby will probably want to be nursing extra when she is with mom for comfort. if you mean to get her used to not nursing during the day while she's at school, maybe she should try searching on kellymom.com which is a really good site for breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009