What on earth am I going to have my family eat now that I cant cook?

Im almost 8 weeks pregnant and its been two weeks since I have been able to cook for my family cause the site of food makes me gag. Im having really bad morning sickness and gag over everything and most of the time I have to force my self to eat a meal. I went from having three meals a day along with several snacks to only eating two to three meals a day if that. I always feel full when Im not and its hard for me to look at food that long so therefor I dont cook right now. What can I buy from the store in the mean time thats easy to make, something that I dont have to look at for a long time and possibly just pop in the oven or microwave?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Thank God my husband likes to cook or I wouldn't have made it...I couldn't even smell some foods much less cook them....what about Stoffer's meals like Lasagna or Bertolli makes some good ones...some for the microwave, or even the crock pot, check out your freezer section at the grocery store...good luck...it will get better I promise
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Bertolli also make some shelf-stable pasta sauces that only take 90 seconds in the microwave. Cut the corner off, nuke for 90 seconds. Let stand for 60 seconds and pour.

Healthy Choice has some shelf-stable individual meals that you just add water and microwave.

Sandwiches and salads don't require a lot of cooking or prep (I found them easier to handle during my morning sickness days, but YMMV.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Buy store cooked roti. chickens pre-made sauces and let your husband go to town.Very little cooking just mixing and nuke to heat Also microwave the frozen vegs.easy easy.No pots everything goes in dishwasher even my husband was able to do this...before he thought cooking a hotdog was a big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Have your husband do the cooking until your morning sickness is over.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Stouffer's Lasagna or Salisbury steak. Or pot pies.
    marlarrie

Answer by marlarrie at 2:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2009