(Christians) Was there a point when you consciously made the choice to believe in God and Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• there had to be or we couldn't be called Christians
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I've always believed. It was part of my raising. Now I did go through a time when I wasn't sure What I believed about the teachings I had been given throughout my life - but rather or not I believed in God was never in question with me. It was just more like "What does God mean to me and my life?" That happened in 1999.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• There honestly wasn't for me. If there was, I don't remember it. I had a very intense faith in God and Jesus before the time in my life that I even have memories of. I do not remember a time where I did not have a relationship with God; I've never known what it's like to be without him so to "choose" whether or not to believe is a foreign concept to me.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I've just always believed. There was very little upbringing in church, and what I did learn was at a cousin's church. I mean, I knew who God was and everything but I remember just always knowing there was a God...and never needing much of an explanation
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I go with Anony 4:26..
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 4:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I should add when I say "choose" I do not mean I was forced or brainwashed to believe and therefore didn't have a choice. God is and always has been extremely real to me. "Choosing" to say I do or don't believe in him has never really been an option for me because "choosing not to" or denying him, for me, would be like saying the air I breathe doesn't exist. I can't deny something that I feel I have very real proof of.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i was brought up in the church but i have also had my doubts and question and etc. I def tho stayed a believer in GOD. :) I think it is normal to go thru tons of dif feelings. in the end it was my choice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, I've always believed in God. I was raised in the church. However, there WAS a moment when I made the conscientious choice to accept Christ as my Savior,and give my life to Him. That was probably one of the best moments of my life. People say you can feel the change,and I could. I KNEW something special had happened to me. And, now, 6+ years later, I'm still as crazy in love with Jesus as I was the night I asked Him into my heart. The relationship God has built with me has exceeded anything I could have hoped or imagined. God is everything to me,and I'm nothing without Him.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I grew up believing in God and Jesus. Though, when it came right down to it, I didn't think I really knew anything about God and Jesus. I just wanted to know God's truth, and not all the different religion's truth. Years went on and there was a time I went through a short period of just giving up on it all. One day it hit me and I figured there had to be more than just this life. I searched for God again, with all my heart. This time I started over and didn't rely on my infant baptism. And, I felt I just couldn't doubt it anymore if there was really a God and a Jesus. I wasn't going to doubt no matter what. I didn't want to be the seed along the path where the devil comes and takes away the word from my heart. I didn't want to be like the seed on the rock with no root, nor like the seed among thorns. I sure didn't feel like the seed on the good soil--- but I knew I was not going to ever give up and doubt again. Cont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Cont.
    I finally could admit that I was a sinner. I stopped making excuses for the sins I did. All that was a big part of where I am today. I just started doing what Jesus said to do. You know, like humbling myself. Repenting. Believing. And, calling on the name of the Lord. I would see other people with their hands in the air, worshiping God, singing. I wanted to express my love to God and Jesus, so that is what I started to do. I asked God for knowledge in reading the bible. I studying the Word, and love obeying. I thank God, through Jesus Christ, for saving me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009