If you conservatives got everything you wanted...

Would you force the libs to follow it, like sit down and shut up? Or would you welcome their arguments for change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i would see what they had to say... weigh the pros and cons. Got to keep an open mind
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Why would they welcome Lib's arguments when things are how they like it?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OP Here ~ It seems that they are so unhappy with the way things are being run, and that everything would be perfect with things their way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Or would you welcome their arguments for change?

Did someone spend the last 8 years with a gun to your head forcing you not to speak?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OP Here ~ No that's silly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nobody is telling you to sit down and shut up. We just don't want you telling us to sit down and shut up. You got to raise heck for the last 8 years like it was your own personal vendetta, not the table is turned and y'all don't know how to handle criticism.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nothing is perfect no matter who runs it. Everyone needs to compromise. I can not guarantee the actual Republican politicians in office right now would listen to the other side. I think both sides are lost and they are so divided that its like revenge of the nerds right now. Now if I had MY way? Yes everyone would work together as in a round table discussion. We can agree or not but will always come to indefinite decision. Yes, some may have to sacrifice things as well as COMPROMISE with one another. In my fairytale land of politics, I would not want any policies that both sides and the middle did not support. What good are making policies that will just get changed and revised when the ball is in the others court? Why not save time and money by working hard together not against each other? But that is me DREAMING and I know that it will always be team A against team B.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Rarely are things ALL or NOTHING. That's the issue I have with the vocal fringe groups. Unfortunately this site is the perfect venue for those members of our society. Do those individuals realize they will likely never affect change d/t to their approach?

Obama and the Dems do not equal ALL good, just as Bush and Repubs did not equate to ALL bad. The world is not black and white no matter how much some want that to be true.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think there is compromise in all situations. Just as long as it doesn't involve Government control over our liberties. I am not totally happy with the reps either. They are not conservative enough. We need to disban the fed and go back to the gold standard lower taxes and give this country the chance to become the great country it once was.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• See, the thing about what conservatives want - like repeal of taxes, repeal of choking gov't regulations, keeping your money to decide for yourself and your family what is best -
    those things are not about requiring others to march in line with them.

The Constitution guarantees the right to own a gun ... you are not REQUIRED to own one.
    You have the right to use your property as you deem best - that's not REQUIRING others to do the same thing you do.
    Conservatives want respect for the individual - barring criminality, of course. That is the POLAR OPPOSITE of forcing liberals to do ANYTHING.

Well, I suppose it WOULD be forcing liberals to stay out of others' business ... that might be painful for them, I admit.

Even the much-touted abortion issue - even if it DID go so far as to ban ALL abortion (I doubt it would) no one is FORCED to get pregnant, and adoption is a great choice.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009