Are there nail polishes made for children?

My 5 year old daughter saw me painting my nails the other day and now she keeps hinting that she would like hers painted.
I just want to find something nontoxic that works because she learned from her grandma that she can bite her nails.
Thanks in advance *S*

truetigress

Asked by truetigress at 4:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes here is some non toxic http://www.piggypaint.com/

JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 4:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Even if you paint her nails and she bites them it's not going to make her sick as long as you let them dry properly and wash her hands once they're dry. If it was toxic that way i'd surely be dead by now. Painting them with regular nail polish may be a good thing and may actually help her stop biting her nails with the bitter taste.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My mother is participating in the breast cancer "sister study" www.sisterstudy.org

and they asked her if anyone painted her finger nails before she was 7. Maybe they were just fishing for factors but I told my daughter no painting your nails (only toes). Then we found piggy paint but I still rarely do her fingers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• just out of curiosity how long does the piggy paint stay on. I used the cheap little bon bon paint on DD toes and it was off the next day. I don't want to use adult polish because it is such a big bottle (I don't paint my nails). Not really worth the trouble of doing it so I have put it off for a few years...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My daughter always has her nails done. She is almost 2. She sees mommy doing it, and wants hers done too. I have been doing it awhile now. She doesnt bite at it, and I have never seen any problems. She thinks somethings wrond if her nail polish gets cracked, she think its a booboo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well tonight we went to the mall and found Clarice's boutique. Got some cute nail polishes for her to choose from. Never went in there before. Never had a reason. Now it appears I am going to be visiting that place a LOT LOL...Thanks so much ladies!
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 11:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2009