Soap in the mouth

How many Moms here put soap in their child's mouth after they say bad words. Who thinks it is wrong?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 4:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes soap can kill a child with a small amount Kalebsmommee. Google it. Sometimes children are allergic to the ingredients in soap when they swallow it. Not many are, but its not something Im willing to test on my child.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I dont agree with soap just because its soap. I will use vinegar to cure potty mouth.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I don't believe in that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I do and it WORKS!! Tell them if they are going to say dirty words then you have to clean them out! In our house, you have to lick a bar of soap, so they never get much of a taste, just enough for them to think it's yucky!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have done it. It works. zZIZt has been years since we have had potty mouth here. My kids remember it and tell me they learned real quick what was accepted and not accepted
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My mom put dish soap in my mouth when I didnt' cross the street correctly. I would never do that. I would use vinegar or something that won't hurt if they swallowed it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Is anyone using this method concerned about any ingredients in the soap that may cause sickness or death in a child?
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 5:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• doesnt bother me unless soap is dangerous if swallowed, which im not sure. i know i actually tried to EAT ivory soap as a baby cause i liked it. i know a lady who uses fish oil which tho im guessing is totally safe sure is gross and im pretty sure if i lived with her id be broken from swearing cause i HATE the taste of that more than like almost anything. fish oil just might be bordering on cruel and unusual punishment haha
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Fish oil may actually be good for them, it has omega 3 fats. After this response I will seriously consider it, but for some reason I don't catch my son saying bad words. He actually asks me for permission to say something bad when he wants to quote what somebody else said or he heard on tv or radio. You tube isn't censored so sometimes he hears things there but I started moniotoring what he watches there after I heard a few things.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 5:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Hot sauce . . . its completely edible and works like a charm.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009