What were you doing when you heard about the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001?

I was taking my cat to the vet. I got in the car, turned on the engine,and they were just telling about the 1st plane hitting the 1st tower. By the time I got her to the vet,and home, both the 2nd tower,and the Pentagon had been hit. I'm sure we can all remember exactly the moment we heard this news.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Watching 'Murder, She Wrote' on a sick day from school. They cut it off to show the news.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think I was at home when it happend.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 4:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My oldest was 10 days old, and DH had let me sleep in that morning. When I woke up, I saw it on tv and thought he was watching a movie. When he told me what it was I was seeing, I thought he was trying to be funny with me. I just couldn't believe it. I remember sitting there with my baby in my arms watching the tv screen, and sunlight pouring in through our picture window.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• out running and listening to my little radio headphone thingy
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 5:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Usual morning stuff, waking up, making coffee,etc. I sat down and flipped the tv on waiting on the coffee about a minute before the 2nd plane it. I wasn't even awake enough yet to process the first plane (they were still saying it was an accident, small plane, etc) when the 2nd one flew in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had just come in from walking the dog and turned on the morning news. I think I sat on my couch darned near all day trying to fathom the death and destruction and trying to think of ways I could help.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Oh man. I dread very September 11 because all I do is cry all day, and it's also my best friend's birthday!
    I'm from the New York Metropolitan area and I was up at school in Albany. But my hometown high school could see the smoke coming from the towers and one girl lost both her parents. I remember my mom was supposed to be downtown that day for a Dr. appointment and I was frantic trying to call her all night but the lines were jammed. I finally got through around midnight and just burst out crying, I was so happy to hear her voice.
    I know that September 11 is hard on a lot of Americans, but it's extra hard on us New Yorkers. it's like a piece of us went down with those towers that day. So sad and we will never forget.
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 5:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was home with my 4 month old baby (first child) and was fairly bored and lonely. I called my Dad and he said "Are you watching tv?" Funny question because I didn't own a tv. He told me what was happening and I went to the clubhouse (we lived in a marina) to see what was happening on the tv there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was at home turned on the morning news, and they kept saying a plane accidentally crashed into one of the WTC towers. I sat down on the floor right in front of the T.V., my face was inches away from the T.V. when the 2nd plane hit. I thought it was a bird and was leaning in to see it and yeah I was bawling, very sad day. My heart sinks every time I think about it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was asleep because I live on the west coast. My hubby, fiance then, had an exam that morning and it was on in the classroom as he went in, he called and woke my roommate and I up. I called my father and then he made ME call my mother who was visiting my grandmother (and supposed to fly home the next day).
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009