Do you think an illegal immigrant should be allowed to marry a citizen in order to obtain a green card?

Even if they date for ten years and have a secure loving relationship before tying the knot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• How would I know if they were just getting married for the green card?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• that shit don't work you cant just marry a Us citizen and get a green card!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Okay I think you need to try that question again, it is confusing. Are you asking should it be allowed for illegals to get green cards when marring a citizen no matter if they are really in love or not?

See it is already illegal for someone to marry just for a green card. They have social workers that monitor your marriage to make sure it is legitimate.
    Anonymous

• As long as it's not just to get the greencard then I have no problem.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, thats stupid. My husband and i met in college. My father and him come from the same country. When he graduated his visa expired and he won the lottery for a green card. He went through a long process of interviews, paperwork etc while we were dating. We waited patiently. Than we found out we were expecting a baby and decided to get married.

Well we filed for the paperwork together for his green card and he got it a couple of months after we got married. It had nothing to do with the green card. We loved each other. We saw ourselves growing old together . That is what it was about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• no
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm planning on doing the same thing to get OUT of the States. Marrying someone from the UK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Hell no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009