Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abusive wife.

okay. So my uncle married this girl w/o papers. (shes from mexico) & once he married her got her a cute apartment had a child etc. Her true colors showed. She does nothing! She is a SAHM and when he gets home from work the house is a mess the baby (1 yr old.) is dirty, undressed etc. And he told her why is the baby like that? why is it dirty? She threw a fit! started throwing rocks at him while he was holding the baby, She threatened him that if he went to the police she would lie and that way she would not need him to get papers. OH! did I mention she is pregnant. So it gives her a greater reason to feel more confident. What should I do to help him?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • report her ass and send her back to mexico. the marriage isn't valid without without her papers

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • No it is valid.She married a us citizen and the unborn child is a us citizen.What you need to do is talk to a lawyer and by the way why can't your uncle handle his own problem.It is not that easy to just report her like that.Anonymous what are you a lawyer ?Have you even opened up a law book I think not.What you need to do if you are really concerned is have your uncle contact a immigration attorney the laws change constantly.


    Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • Abuse is abuse whether it be a man hitting or a woman hitting. He needs to be encouraged to take his child a leave. She should be reported immediately to the authorities. He could probably get a Temporary Restraininng Order

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • To 5:34 anonymous, she is pregnant and her threats are serious.My uncle is a good man, Unfortunately he doesnt want to do  a thing about it, for the childrens sake and for the baby that is to be coming soon. She's threatened to go to his work and make a scene. I dont know what this woman is capable of but I know that she does what she sets her mind to. And like I mentioned she is sure that if she is to make a false statement against my uncle. Like saying that he abuses her, she is sure to have the law believe her because of her pregnancy. 


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • Just because they are married doesn't automatically make her a citizen. Her child is, she is not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • So you need to report her threats against him. So when she does go to the police (which she will eventually) they wont take her seriously.

    Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • If you don't want to go ahead and report the abuse, you should at least write down the occurrences that you know of, just in case it gets bad enough that your uncle is going to want to do something about it. I think you should call (or someone should, anyway) CPS, if the baby is always dirty and undressed. She's neglecting that child.
    Your uncle should want to do something about his kiddo being neglected for sure. What happens when she has the 2nd one, and doesn't take care of his 2 kids?? Will that change, b/c it's 2 instead of 1?
    And what if she had hit the baby with a rock that she was throwing at your uncle??
    That's just stuff to think about.
    Good luck w/ your situation.

    Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • talk to a lawyer. wait till the baby is born & file papers for divorse & custody. Make sure he has proof that she is negletful. have him take lots of pics & get neighbors to testify. Get all that done before the seperation

    Answer by JerzakJ at 11:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • marriage is valid, but, she is still illegal and needs to apply to be a citizen... he can report her, but, i doubt the court would deport her right away... she will have a chance to make her papers right (for the kids)... he definitely needs a restraining order... can he afford child care while at work? He needs to divorce and get FULL custody... She is crazy and has no respect for him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.