Why did I have to switch my phone number?

We are moving this weekend, so I called to have all of our stuff switched to the new place. Comcast made me get a new number, the guy said it's because of like the 911 service changed or something but my mom(who lives up the street from the new place) has the exact same phone number as we have now except our last two numbers are 97 and hers are 75.

I like my phone number, it's easy to remember and everyone already knows it. WTH!?!?!, please explain.... about having to change the # because of 911 service??????

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't have a clue. I have ATT and they let me keep the same number. We moved a month ago across town.

Answer by louise2 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Strange isn't it. A couple years ago there was an article in my local paper about a lady from Nevada who was vacationing in Ca. She had witnessed an accident and called 911. She was amazed to find that the call was routed to her hometown rather than the Ca. town where she was vacationing.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 5:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009