Custody?

My daughters fathers mother is trying to take her from me...she said that if we (her father and I) get back together she was going tosocial services and filing for custody. Can she do that?? what can i do to prevent this? Getting along is nt an option.

FirstMomAnt

Asked by FirstMomAnt at 5:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she files a false accusation it will just look bad on her part. so if she repeatedly does this you can take action against her for harrassment. thats just ridiculous.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Why would she want to do that is the question ..and only you have the answers? Is your daughter's Father doing something that would cause her to want to take your baby from your if you guys got back together? Makes no sense. So I say there is more to the story here. If she is just being a controlling freak then you really don't have anything to worry about. People can't just take kids because they want them. Plus, they have to prove what ever bad things you are supposedly doing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Even if she does try. I probably will not work. She is just trying to scare you. Just stay away form her. And her son.

Answer by louise2 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If you already know getting along in not an option, stay away from her son unless it's to drop off your daughter. I doubt she can get custody but she can make your life hell. Not worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It is very hard to take a child away from their parents, they have to be extemely bad parents. I would just blow her off, ignore her threats. If you know you are being good parents, and there is nothing for you to hide, let her do whatever she feels she needs to. I'd take it as empty threats.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009