Does it ever seem like some, not all, but some breastfeeding moms feel like it's their duty to get everyone to breastfeed?

I see comments that I feel are too pushy on the subject. Some even say you don't love your baby if you don't breastfeed. There was answer to another question that said there was no reason to not do that if one is a SAHM. Does this seem out of line to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Every Mom should do what she thinks is best! Don't let anyone get their jollies by making you feel bad if you decide not to breast feed.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes...It seems all of them do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I really dont care what they have to say. When they push my kid out they can choose how s/he gets fed .. lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 5:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

Hahahahaha!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, They remind me of The Jehovah witnesses. They won't leave you alone Either of them.

Answer by louise2 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

---
    lmao!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 5:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i bf but i agree bf is not for everyone. as long as she is feeding her baby am happy.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yeah, some are too pushy, it's why I didn't have anything to do with the LL when I was bf'ing, they are just too militant about it in my opinion. Now I will say though that I do feel that, barring medical issues (which do include med issues), everyone should at least try it. A good honest try. Because how do you know if it will work or if you will like it unless you try it (sounds like what I told my son about the swiss chard on his plate last night). But beyond that, it isn't my business and as far as I'm concerned formula is a perfectly good substitute for breast milk. And most bf'ing moms don't feel the same way as the vocal minority who will spout crap about how non bf'ders don't love their babies or that formula is bad. I just know what a great experience it was for me and I would love it if more women could have that, but I also know that it may not be the best choice for many reasons, and I don't judge them.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• totally agree, you should see the debate going on in my post that was not even about breastfeeding! i was simply asking where all the more 1970s/80's mentality moms are and stated that i was choosing not to breastfeed which is "old fashioned" in a 1970s kinda way. YES they are too pushy and yes it's out of line, IMHO.
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think it's because they realize how much fun, how economical, how treasured those moments can be and how awesome it feels to set a goal ( be it three months, six months or a year and beyond) to reach that goal and want to share that with anyone and everyone they know. Because of their experience they want to show a new mom that it can be done and that there are resources out there to help, just DON'T GIVE UP!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009