y are peeps on welfare so proud?

good for you, but i just want to know why u go around bragging about all the treats u buy? no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good question! What I want to know also is why moms post on here that they are on public assistance and then get pissed when people respond badly. You can't post a question and expect people to not voice their opinions, which everyone is entitled to. What I've found from being on Cafemom is this, if you don't want to be judged, don't put your business out there. Whether I'm on foodstamps or whatever else, is not anyone elses business.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No bragging here I would never even tell anyone one I get FS it is embarrassing I am certainly not proud of it, but it was something that we needed to do in our time of struggles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Who brags? I haven't seen anyone bragging, I have seen other people post stupid stuff like "If you are on fs why do you buy chips and soda with it?" If I was the one on fs, I would say, "Why are you looking in my cart and why aren't you minding your own damn business?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• There was a post like half an hour ago that got a ton of comments, the mom posted that she got her food stamps today and went to buy her husband chocolates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I don't see them bragging, just defending themselves from cm moms who think their sh*t don't stink.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• "There was a post like half an hour ago that got a ton of comments, the mom posted that she got her food stamps today and went to buy her husband chocolates. "

Ok that was one post and it was probably a troll who knows how mad people get when someone buys junk food with food stamps. Don't base your opinion of a group of people on one dumbass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No bashing? You start a post like this and then you say no bashing! Grow up! Why do you care?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I never brag I am utterly embarrased that I have to have assistance to live. I have also never heard anyone in real life brag about having to live off of FS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• brag that we eat? yeah that's bad (sarcasm)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I just read the other post and the lady wasn't bragging, she was saying she is tired of people thinking that people on welfare shouldn't buy snacks or anything fun with their food stamps. It's called sarcasm. I have yet to see anyone brag that they get food stamps because of all the horrible name calling. One anon called her a parasite! and others saying get a job. Well some people DO have jobs but still qualify, like my sis. So not all people on welfare are lazy, they just caught a bad break. And I bet if half of the people that look down on welfare recipients found out they qualified for food stamps, they would take it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009