im a teenage mother could this hurt my baby

im 17 years old and im 26 week pregnate, could this hurt my baby while its growing? is it gettin enough of protein and vitimans?

mamafirstbaby

Asked by mamafirstbaby at 5:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't quite understand the question. Are you concerned that you are only 17?? In all honestly, not to scare you or anything, but the facts are that you have higher odds of having a premature baby being younger, but I don't know if it effects how much protein or vitamins your child is getting.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was 18 with my first and everything went perfectly. just make sure you're being mature about how you eat and who you hang around with (non smokers especially!)
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 5:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I delivered my first two weeks after i turned 16 and she was a big healthy baby. Good Luck to you!
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Your age is fine. Just eat healthy and take your prenatal vitamins
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• you should be OK i had my son at 17 and he came out 8pounds and 7ounces and i'am only 18 know with my second one on the way just keep up with all your appointment's and if you feel any things wrong don't be scared to call and just make sure every things OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It sounds like you care! That's good! Do take good care of yourself! Do see a OB/DR. & follow the instructions! Be on a good diet & take your prenatal vitamins Etc.. Do what's best for you & your precious baby!I hope you have some support, love & a good family & everyone you need to get you through this pregnancy! Read all you can to be informed! Best of luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• of course ur age doesnt matter lol theres girls that give birth at 13years old!! just make sure you take your prenatal vitamins ,dont drink or smoke or drugs (obvisiously), try to stay stress free, have regular doctor visits so they can check on ur babys progress (they measure take the babys heartbeat, etc) but prenatals def help your baby get the vitamins he/she needs!
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 7:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009