Just found out my 13 yo is pregnant

6.5 months preg...what should i do?

she lives w/her dad half of the time and me half of the time. this happened when she was with him. one of her friend's mom told me about it and i tried calling her...nothing...so i sent her a text, are you pregnant? and she replied, yes. i called her dad, he confirmed.

i'm picking her up the 15th. wtf do i do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Ahhh I don't know but why didn't her dad call you? Isn't that an important issue he should have called or made your daughter call. Just be supportive for her don't down her what';s done is done and there's nothing you can do about it now.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 5:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Be there for her and support her.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Make her father pay for the baby. (Medical bills)

Answer by louise2 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You need to talk to her and find out if she has had proper medical care, and if not that is the first priority. Her or the baby could die if she doesn't have the right medical care while she is pregnant. Also, talk to her about it, find out what her plans are, if she is going to keep the baby, give it up for adoption, etc. There isn't really much else you can do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Go over there, sit down, and talk with both of them. You should all get together to she what she wants to do about the baby (keep it or not). Offer to go to the doctor with her. Find out about the father and why you weren't told by them.

Your daughter will need both of you to support her. Whats done, is done.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 5:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would make sure she got proper medical treatment, ALLOW her to make her own decision on what she is going to do, but if she chooses to keep this baby than she needs to be the one taking care of it. Most of all support her in any decision she makes. Last Kill her father.
    the last part was a joke to hopefully put a smile on your face.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OP here. Spoke w/ my daughter we've decided she's keeping it, I'm raising it til she's out of college.
    She's had good prenatal care. Her dad said they didn't tell me because I'd be mad...DUH I'M MAD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Take her to a pregnancy counselor. They can be found at adoption agencies and women's shelters. There are some commercially motivated or shady organizations out there, so if she feels pressured try somewhere else. A good counselor will help her decide what to do without pushing any one agenda. You should consult one, too, so you can help her and be informed. I don't mean this to pressure you or her either, but my husband and I are hopeful adopters and are here and would be happy to answer your questions or share our perspective. It's not an objective perspective -- we're pro-adoption obviously. But I'd love to share what we know. I'm SO, SO sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine. : (
    JaneAustenFan25

Answer by JaneAustenFan25 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• JaneAusten-OP here, my daughter is adopted and so are my other three children. She's not considering the adoption route. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Wow! And that's a wow that she got pregnant AND a BIG wow that her dad didn't have the guts to tell you/make her tell you. Seriously!
    Kudos to you for being supportive - and another big wow on you taking care of her baby while she finishes jr. high, high school, and college - you're taking on a lot (but then, with a 13 yo daughter you probably already know that!) I would 2nd Janeaustenfan25 in suggesting that you at least consider talking to a pregnancy counselor. Getting an outside, objective opinion/support/advice is never a bad thing. And talking to them about your current plans might help to put things into perspective for you -keep in mind that your little girl will only be 22ish when it's time for her to take on a 9/10 yo kid as her own. A counselor would be better equipped than most of us here to suggest a variety of options, help you with legal and emotional issues, and support the decision you both make.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009