For moms that have pmdd (posted in health but got no replies)

How did you know that you had it(symptoms) and what are you doing to treat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well if it doesn't feel too bad I just let it ride but if it is something I have never felt before I make an appointment with the doctor or call and ask that question. But if symptoms do not go away I will go see the doctor just to play it safe.doctor

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am just looking in to it. But from the symptoms I have heard I do believe I have it. However, I am not currently being treated and honestly think I will find natural ways to treat it as apposed to medical ones.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I definately have pmdd and my husband can tell you I have it! When I take B complex you never even know I have it but I ran out a couple months ago and boy did I notice a difference with not taking it. I felt very mean and anxious without it.I keep forgeting to pick some up when I go to walmart and we live 40 minutes from a store.I get the liquid b-complex at Walmart.
    shannon2206

Answer by shannon2206 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had NO idea.... I actually went to a bunch of ob gyns and got multiple false diagnoses and took bunches of unncessary meds for different things I didnt have. then about 2 months ago we drive over 2 hours to this AWESOME new endrcronologist to have my PCOS checked on .... and then after a looong exam and talk he said you have Pmdd and sent me to a lady specializing in that. I just thought I was crazy... I had no idea it was a real medical problem.

Mostly the week before my period I'd become a horrible version of myself... it was a scary confusing mess. On Yaz and no progress to report yet.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i was told i had it, and i didnt really believe it. in either case, i was told there was nothing i could do except take antidepressants. i was labelled with pmdd immediately after describing my symptoms...a few months later i had an ovarian cyst rupture. pmdd my a**

sorry. not very relevant. but i would be sure there arent any other health problems to worry about before accepting the diagnosis if your situation was anything like mine!
    sunfreezeinmi

Answer by sunfreezeinmi at 10:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009