Have you ever overheard something that made you feel like a spy?

I'm in my office, and I just overheard something that should have been a PRIVATE family moment! The man in the next office has a daughter who recently graduated from college and also recently broke off her engagement (save the date cards had already been mailed out). So, my co-worker's daughter and this guy come into his office this afternoon to tell him that they just got married! They eloped over the weekend! Oh, wow! The new son-in-law was REALLY nervous, and my co-worker's daughter hardly said anything. My co-worker did manage to say congratulations a few times (he did well under the circumstances), but he was obviously in shock. He closed his door after they left, and I think he is crying now. Why on earth would they come to his office to tell him this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL oh my gosh, I get stuff like that a lot here, but it is more like "a vey important state rep......................" I can't fill in the blank because even though I am posting anon I could still get fired LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Once when i was 10 I was messing around in the bathroom and my dad was in a bad mood that day. I heard him about to come into the bathroom so I hid in the closet. I spied him taking a shit for 15minutes...lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Maybe they told him at work because they knew he couldn't explode or kill them (figuratively, of course) at work.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes. I was in the guest bathroom at my grandmother's house. While I was in there, my aunt took my cousin in there to write his college tuition check. I overheard her tell my cousin that if he had any contact with my mother or with me, there would be NO further financial assistance for school, whatsoever.

Apparently the fact that my bio-father (her BIL) refused to marry my mother after she got pregnant offended her tender sensibilities.

As if somehow *I* had control over that... I was, after all, only a FETUS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OP here: anon: 56 - yep, that's why I have to post anon too.

worriedmommy - Ewe! That is not something I'd want to witness.

Pnukey - you are probably right!

wenona mandy - It might not be terrible, but since his daughter just dumped a fiance that she had dated for over 2 years and planned a wedding with he was a bit shocked when she married someone she'd dated for 3 weeks! It may all work out for the best, but he is definitely in shock and worried about his daughter at this point.

Anon:56 - I am so sorry. That is terrible. I hope you have moved on and become a person your aunt could only wish to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Sep. 11, 2009