What is the best way to advertise a home-preschool?

Check out my website and let me know what you think.
It is crystalstine.com

renoladybug

Asked by renoladybug at 6:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• u can never EVER go wrong w/ craigslist
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• holy buckets.... your website is SO clean and user friendly.... the colors are warm and appealing .... you need to do whatever u can to get this into the hands of as many people as possible.

call your county and make sure to get onto their childcare roster they hand out
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The phone book or newspaper.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 6:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Thanks, hibbingmom.
    Craigslist has actually brought me many scams. I was surprised.
    People have actually made up children trying to get me to send them
    money. :<(
    renoladybug

Answer by renoladybug at 6:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• is that your real actual address listed, though? that is a bit unsettling.... I'd consider an alternative for that.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• is there a Gymboree play/music center in Reno? Ask about advertising there! Ymca.... ECFE.... library??? find as many places with a high concentration of Mommies as you can. Your program and website are truly remarkable. Good luck :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Thanks for the advice about the address. I have my husband to thank for the website. I kinda helped design it, but he actually wrote the computer code for it. :>)

Libraries, public parks etc. will not let me because it is not non-profit.
    I will check about teh gymboree and ymca. What is ECFE?
    renoladybug

Answer by renoladybug at 6:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• When I was looking for childcare, I Googled child care in my area and found lots of websites listing various types of care available. Some sites required the providers to pay to be listed and some were free. Some had links to the gov't group that evaluates/licenses day cares, and some had review by parents who use the providers listed. I think lots of moms looking for child care probably go about it the way I did unless they know someone, so I suggest trying to get your info up on the sites listing care in your area. You might also try your local CafeMom group (mine has a place for business advertisements). Another thought is to put out flyers near your home - maybe all the cars at Target or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009