What do SAHMs do all day?

It seems like they always complain about not having enough time. Just wondering what exactally you did all day that makes you so busy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Scultping and shaping the generation to come. Primarily responsible for daily operations, including accounts payable, inventory, receiving, and personnel management. Other duties include general maintenance, procurement, waste management, resource allocation, food preparation & nutrition evaluation, and health & wellness screening. Continuing education required, vacations optional and unlikely. Rewards are phenomenal.

I also do all of this and work outside the home for 40 hrs a week. My "sick and vacation days" are saved to use when my children get sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think they Take care of their kids and clean the house wtf do you do all day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 6:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am on disability AND a sahm. some days I am more sahm and some days I am more incapacitated. It's either playground and homemade hummus or muscle relaxers and noggin on all day.

before I got really sick I cleaned cooked and baked all day long. laundry and scrapbooking and hosting playdates, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• @ JoyandLove

that was AMAZING!!! thanks
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 6:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I get up, get ready, get my kids ready and im out the door. I work all day. And go to school one night a week. I do all cleaning, laundry, cooking, shopping, bill paying, and take care of my baby. Im also pregnant. I was just wondering because if im in my house for more than a day, I go crazy....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Besides the obvious one other thing most SAHM's do all day is teach and discipline the kids. How many times in one day do you think they have to remind the kids to pick up toys, do this stay away from that. Check on them. Cook for them. Help them find things etc... it's not all about chores, but also the mental drain of having to answer tons of questions and be present for your kids as much as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my day: get up at 7, make coffee, get myself and son dressed and DS onto bus by 7:35. Come in, drink coffee, read news. Do dishes from night before. Clean up kitchen, sweep/spotmop the kitchen. Sit down look over questions on CM. Pull meat out of freezer for dinner, make beds/pickup laundry. Pick up toys from previous day and put back in DS room.Vacuum/clean bathrooms/other tasks based on day. Throw together some lunch. After lunch get DS off bus, inside, changed, and down for nap (book reading, potty time, ect). About then DH comes home from work, so I make him lunch, then take the dog for a quick walk. Come back, spend some time with DH befor DS gets up, then to the park with both for an hour, come home make dinner. Eat, play with family for a couple hours, then bath for DS, snuggle time with DH, then shower and bed for me. Rinse, repeat
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You obviously have NEVER been a SAHM!! I have been on both sides; for six years I was a full time working single mother going to school part time, and I'm currently a SAHM no longer a single mother with two children. And HANDS DOWN, the SAHM is more work!! Four years ago you could not PAY me to believe this, so be careful what you put out there because you may end up finding out first hand!
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• SAHM does not mean we just sit on our *ss all day long at the house. I take care of 3 young boys and one has a disability. Taking my 2 older sons (ages 4 and 3) to 2 different schools tagging along my 16mo. old and being preg. with baby #4 feeling so sick to my stomach. I then run to to grocery, come home to do chores like cleaning, laundry, ect. while caring for my 16mo. old. Then pick up my 3yo. at 11 and my 4yo. at 1:30. Not to mention all of the Doctor appts. my son with a disability has. It all can be emotionally draining. I have to get meals ready for all 3 boys, my husband. Pay bills, go to more doc. appts. Prepare for my son's heart surgery. Oh yeay, we play, go to childrens museum, the zoo, science center, read books. In all the madness, i am happy to say i am the one raising and molding my children until they are all in school, then i will return to work!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009