Has anyone lost weight or exercised with hoola hooping?

I bought one for my daughter and I 2 months ago and am not consistent with using it but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it?How long do you have to do it everyday to work?

shannon2206

Asked by shannon2206 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Doing some vigorous hooping, you can burn about 100 calories in about 10 minutes, the equivalent of running an eight-minute mile. Twirling a hoop around your hips isn't as difficult as you think. With a little practice and determination, you can learn how to hula hoop and gradually end up losing some stubborn fat.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 6:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i love to hula hoop! the one I have was homemade and filled with water which adds weight. not just hula hooping in place, but dancing with it and doing tricks really makes it into a workout. I havent had much luck losing weight, but I have noticed a decrease in pant sizes and I am toning up
    I have a hula hoop group in here, you outta join :)
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/hoopingmamas
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2009