SWELLING HANDS?

I WAS WALKING TODAY I WALKED LIKE A MILE AND A HALF I WAS TRYING TO GET MY LABOR IN ACTION OUT OF NOWHERE MY HANDS SWELLED UP TO TWICE THEIR SIZE THIS IS MY THIRD PREGNANCY AND IVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH SWELLING MY SISTER SAYS HER HANDS SWELLED THE DAY BEFORE SHE WENT INTO LABOR IS THAT LIKE A SIGN OF LABOR?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Slight swelling is expected during pregnancy; however, if you experience sudden swelling in your hands and your face, it could be a sign of preeclampsia. It is important to contact your health care provider about any sudden swelling.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 6:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i wish it was anytime im out in the heat my hands swell a bit and if i dont get in the air it gets worse so i would just chock it up to the heat and water retainment
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• yeah it can happen in pregnancy when it was really hot my feet would swell so i would have to elevate them while i slept...but if i were u i would bring this attention to my doctor next time i see him sometimes swelling and hands and face can be a sign of high blood pressure but it could be just nothing only apart of being pregnant
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 7:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009