Anyone have the LEEP procedure done?

I have to get the LEEP procedure done next month and I am nervous about it! The doctor said it was no big deal but I can't help but worry when they are cutting out part of my cervix. They know I want to have more kids so my doctor told me she would try to take as little as possible so my cervix didn't become weak and risk me going into pre-term labor when I do get pregnant again. From what information the doctor gave me it looks like the opening in your cervix can get smaller from scar tissue or a few other reasons after this being done and can make it harder to get pregnant.
What was it like getting this done?
Did you have a hard time getting pregnant after?
Did you go into pre-term labor because of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• It wasn't really painful because I took the Tylenol before hand like they suggested. It felt kinda like when they do a biopsy only it lasts longer. I was having a breastfeeding amenorrhea (lack of period) for some time before and about 6 months after the procedure. I had two periods after that and before I got pregnant with my current child. I'm 6 months along and so far so good ~thumbs up~.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 6:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• LEEP uses a thin wire loop electrode which is attached to an electrosurgical generator. The generator transmits a painless electrical current that quickly cuts away the affected cervical tissue in the immediate area of the loop wire. This causes the abnormal cells to rapidly heat and burst, and separates the tissue as the loop wire moves through the cervix.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 6:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had a LEEP done before having any children and I have two now without any complications at all.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009