How do I keep my face from drying out in the winter?

Fall just arrived and already the skin around my eyebrows and hairline is peeling! I dont want to apply anything too oily to my face but I dont want to be scraping dead skin off all winter either.

Any ideas?

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 6:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• Well, you can use a tiny bit of aquaphor, (by Eucerin) which is what my dermatologist recommended for me. It will make it a little oily, but if you rub it in long enough it isn't bad. I haven't had any issues making my skin break out or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• thanks, I'll try it. We have to use aquaphor on my sons whole body twice a day so we always have plenty lying around. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• After bathing or showering, quickly and gently pat the skin partially dry with a towel (do not rub!). Within three minutes of getting out of the water apply a moisturizer (see discussion of moisturizers below) to seal the water in the skin before it can evaporate. Bath oil, if selected as a moisturizer, can be directly rubbed into the skin after showering or bathing, but should not be added to bath water since this can make the tub dangerously slippery. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day and evening when possible especially to those areas prone to dryness (hands, arms, legs) and when itchy.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 5:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009