What is (one of) your most treasured childhood memories?

or like, the coolest or nicest thing your mom/dad ever did for you while growing up

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can remember always wanting to be with my Mom when I was little. I thought she would be sad if she were alone so I was her shadow. I probably drove her nuts,lol, but I'm glad I did now. She passed away 9 yrs ago and I always think about the times we were together... I used to sit in the kitchen and watch/help her bake, she loved sweets so now when I have too many pieces of pie/cake, I smile and remember that my Mom was the same way..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was just remembering all the litlle things my mom did for me, like buying me a treat when we would go to the grocery store. I started thinking about it and feeling kind of bad because every time my son asks me for something extra, my response is usually "We don't have the money for that." But my mom was a single mom who struggled to raise me and my sister so I started thinking about all the stuff she would do without so me and my sis could have something extra. My son has a mom and a dad and while we are struggling to make ends meet, I have told myself I will work harder to make sure I can occasionally treat my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had a terrifying childhood, I hid in the basement from my abusive mother. she was like mommy dearest. I really have to pull hard to find a memory that I cherish. Everything that started out to be so wonderful turned sour and I was blamed for ruining everything. Bi polar or manic depressive behavior leaves little room for pleasant memories. Mostly I had fun times with all the other "normal" families in the neighborhood that took me in...and my nana, who tried to love me, It takes a village
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

That was not the question. Troll

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009