International U.N. Schools do NOT teach Holocaust..???

I read this but I still can't believe it - I'd like to hear other's thoughts about this...

updated 9:24 p.m. ET, Tues., Sept . 8, 2009
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Gaza students won't learn about the Holocaust this year.

Angry protests by Palestinians have disrupted tentative plans to introduce information about the Nazi genocide of 6 million Jews into the curriculum in U.N. schools.

The uproar has left the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, which runs 221 of more than 600 primary and secondary schools in Gaza, caught between the territory's Hamas leaders — some of them ardent Holocaust deniers — and outraged Jewish groups.

The subject is not taught in U.N.-run schools for Palestinian refugees in the West Bank, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. Nor is it taught in Palestinian government schools in the West Bank or Gaza.

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I really do not know how anyone can DENY the Holocaust ever happened. There are so many photos and personal accounts of the atrocities that occurred. Even more so I think its terrible that students will not learn what kind of evil can happen in the world. If you dont know the past, you are likely to repeat history.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well if you knew about how Israel is trying to force Palestinians out of their land to claim it you would understand.... See Labor Zionists are depriving Palestinians of basic conditions to live normally, so the result would be them "choosing" to leave. When and if they do leave they will then claim the Palestinians forfeited their land, which gives Israel free range to claim it. It is called Ethnic cleansing, through Ethnic Separation.

If this was being done to you, I am sure you wouldn't feel sympathy for the holocaust.

Now let me make this clear, I do NOT believe the Holocaust was any way justified, didn't happen, or that it is right for them not to teach it. I just understand the background.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I don't understand how anyone can DENY that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago, but instead believe they lived within the last 5,000 years (b/c the bible says we've only been here that long) and that humans and dinos co-existed, but they do. So it doesn't surprise me that some people don't believe the holocaust happened. Some people still think we didn't land on the moon. All of it is crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Crissy1213; I am perhaps not thoroughly well versed in all of the intricacies of the conflict over there; I am somewhat educated on the matter; and I'm not expecting the school to teach or the students to have sympathy; but they should at least be aware it occurred???

And Anon 7:07; no I also can not fathom the dinosaur issue either; but that's a belief/faith/science argument.

At the very least they should get "this is just cold hard facts; these events transpired."  at least that's what I think...not that it really matters but you know...

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Crissy
    Are you serious?????You need to educate yourself !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Ok, why does the UN even have schools?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• beachmamaof2

Wouldn't acknowledging it, be sympathizing with it? If they teach it, but do not sympathize then it will be taken as they are condoning it. That would be hypocritical.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Crissy
    ________
    Anon, you need to show yourself if I am going to take you seriously. Doing this behind a question mark shows you have no credibility.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Anon 25 that is what I was wondering.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 8:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009