Whining

My daughter is 14 months old, and she whines all of the time! Nothing seems to make her happy besides bathtime and being in the car. I dont know what to do to stop her from whining, it only seems to be getting worse. Any ideas? I try to keep her busy and Ive tried new toys, etc, and she just doesnt seem to be happy with anything.

Chickpeas

Asked by Chickpeas at 6:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IDK, my dd is 2 and just now started the whining. She's whining, "mommy" all the time, and it's super annoying and stresses me out. most the time, she's just wanting to know what something is. and she already knows what it is. or something.
    ...i think that as long as you know she should be content w/ what she has, ignore her. that's what i do when it's just no reason for her whining.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Do you use a carrier maybe she needs more close snuggle time with you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I use a hip sling because shes 25lbs and too big for most carriers. Shes ok for about 10 minutes in it, then she wants down and the whining begins. I've tried just sitting and rocking her but she doesnt want that either.
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 7:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Is she having problems communicating? Does she point at things and whine, or whine just because? If she's pointing and whining, either really work on words with her, or teach ehr some signs. If she's whining just because, maybe she is hungry, or tired. Mine gets especially cranky if she hasn't eaten or slept enough. Toddlers her age need 12-15 hours of sleep throughout the day and night.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009