Are the mothers who don't vaccinate also the same mothers who are against formula feeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I breastfed for 6 mos before I decided not to vax.

Most non-vaxers do breastfeed (though not all) but not all breastfeeders don't vax.

I just kind of fell into this lifestyle. Its what worked best for us. Breastfeeding is free (what else is in this world?) and best. Cloth diapers saved me, a broke single mama, a lot of money and are better for the environment, which is something else I am concerned about. Living a healthy toxin free lifestyle taught me to question anything that was going into our bodies, including medication and vaccines.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• do you really thing that the two are linked? Wow, drama much? Are you Syn84?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• lol i was thinking that 2 hi syn84
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Anon :15, I was actually thinking the exact same thing when I first read it.

BUT, to the OP, certain moms who are against vaccing are bfers because they are more into the natural living all around. But not all bfing moms are non vax. I bf all 3 of mine and all 3 are current and up to date on their vax's.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had to think long and hard about vaxing my son, but I bottle fed from the hospital on.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 7:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have to admit I tend to assume that moms who are anti-vax are also more likely to breastfeed and use cloth diapers because they make themselves aware of the not so standard when it comes to raising their children. I know that doesn't always hold true. I breastfed my daughter and she is in cloth but although she is vaxxed she is ever so slightly late in the schedule.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's not so much that I'm anti formula feeding as it is that I'm pro breastfeeding. And yes - I delayed/selectively vaccinated my kids.

Answer by missanc at 7:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would agree that while the moms who don't vaccinate are more likely to breastfeed, breastfeeding moms are not more likely to forgo vaccinations. I have nursed both my children - exclusively for 6 months, then slowly adding foods (most that I make myself, but also many jar foods), and allowed them to self-wean whenever they were ready (my 2 1/2 yo weaned herself at 14 mo, my 8 mo is still going strong). I use disposable diapers, although I have cloth diapers that we use for swimming (our pool doesn't allow disposables). And yes, my children are entirely up to date on each and every vaccine.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I amvery against vaccines and I breastfed. But I also had to supliment my oldest with Formula. I hated BFing but I did it. I think that vaccines are a much bigger health issue that formula and don't look down on anyone that formula feeds. That said I don't really look down on moms that vaccinate either, I just feel bad for the kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I breastfeed, am not against bottlefeeding but encourage everyone to at least give breastfeeding a try, and vaccinate.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009