Boots......splurge???

So noticing that there are a lot of low heeled boots in advertisements for the coming fall/winter season, almost like riding boots.....are they in like ballet flat which will not go away. Do I splurge and get some?

momofcali3

Asked by momofcali3 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• I LOVE the low boots but my calves are too big. I say GET SOME, honey! Just stay within your budget---you might regret "splurging" later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i thought this sort of style was always in. i dont recall a fall season without seeing them somewhere, i say get a pair and buy a good quality leather with a great sole, they should last years and years.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Does it matter if you like something? Trends are going to come and go. If you like something buy it and wear it. Who cares if it's in or not.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm buying a pair of Ugg style boots this year, but my budget can't handle Uggs, so I found a pair of great boots at Shoe Carnival for $70, and that's what I'm getting.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Splurge if they are something that you will wear often, I usually buy one good pair of boots to last me through the winter. If you have alot of snow where you live I wouldn't go with just trendy but warm and practical as well.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I would buy them. I generally buy two pairs of boots every winter, then even if something does tend to go out of style, I will still have them when they come back in. Plus, trend wise, low heels have been in for a few years, and I believe that they will continue to be in. Just make sure that they have good support in them.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 1:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thanks you guys! good answers, me splurging is 70$ and not hitting up payless shoes to be fashionable. Cavalrybaby02 try ebay for uggs the classic tall in sand, I see them for really good prices 70-120$ w/ free shipping vs. the norm price of 170+ in stores. I like the Jessica Simpson leather brown boots and I know they sell at well known retail stores so I think that will be my gift to myself for this coming season..........and hopefully like ballet flats and spring they will stay till next winter go-round :)
    momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Virtually every pair of Ugg boots on eBay is conterfeit. Send me a message offlist if you would like more information.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009