Question for those who support the health reform.

What specifically in the 35 plans proposed by the Republicans do you not like? You have read all 35 of them, right? Do you agree with Pelosi in not allowing any of them to be introduced on the floor because they are written by republicans?

http://www.gop.gov/solutions/healthcare

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OP, I hope you don't mind if I answer.

I support reform. I just don't support a government run public option. History shows us that the government is not very successful at running health care problems. The have had their hand in what 4 of them...Medicare, Medicaid, VA, Indian Health and the military's Tricare. This doesn't even consider the other government run failures such as Social Security, Education and the Post Office...I think you get the picture. I don't think Pelosi cares a flying fig about the American people. If she did she would entertain other proposals in order to come up with the best solution.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Pelosi has shut out the repubs. from day 1, because she can, she is not interested in bi-partisanship.

I too, support REFORM but not gov't run h/c...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree with tthe other two, I support reform, just not gov't run h/c
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 8:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• crickets...anyone hear them?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• They are searching like mad and waiting to hear what CNN or MSNBC tells them.

I got that right didn't I? I mean with us we are too stupid to form our own opinions against the left policies without going to fox....so I would say they are waiting for their "talking points".
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Never said I opposed anything in the GOP plans.

I honestly just want to see the system improved. I think improvement will require some from column A, some from column B.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm taking the question at face value... I support health reform ( okay I'm gonna insert a word here) I support health CARE reform... so I guess I can answer here. Since anonymous (in another post) proclaimed that I own the truth, I might as well share it.

The only thing I don't like is that someone stole a line from the Republican proposal " Let Americans who like their health care coverage keep it, and give all Americans the freedom to choose the health plan that best meets their needs. "

Now, who is it that we've been hearing that from???? ..... and the QueenofTruth (noted sarcasm) says.... Mr. President Obama stole that line.

Now for the serious - Just like HR3200 or any other bill proposed - I want to see the fine print, I want to see the loopholes closed and I want to see the restriction on hospitals to require proof of citizenship before treatment removed. The devil is still in the details.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• gdiamante; I have to take a second and give you some kudos...(not that you care) but your answers are always so nice. You never go off topic and you never resort to name calling or blind support. Thanks for that!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009