harsh.. but ugh

so my hubby is like read.. whats reading.. when i told him its when u read to your kid for once and he goes na the tv is a babysitter in a joking matter, but it bugs the hell out of me he sits and watches tv and half ass pays attention to her, and then never wants to do anything educational and it bugs me.. so i said i would have been better off raising her alone, harsh or just? if harsh how do i get him to listen and do more with her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• in all honesty i feel the same way most of the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would have said the same thing... actually, I've said similar to my husband about him playing WoW all the time.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'd be angry, but yet...maybe its a good thing.

You may be the 'lets learn everything all day long!' type while he's the 'lets sit on the couch all day and do nothing but scratch ourselves'. You're two sides of the coin and she's learning from you how to learn and do work while from him how to relax.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My hubby's a lot like that. He plays his playstation or watches stupid crap on TV all day and expects our little ones to either entertain themselves in their room (their 9 months and 3 years) or watch what he's watching. He doesn't get the concept of reading to them every night before bed either, and absolutely hates sitting through any other cartoon but Spongebob.

Sometimes, even though you have to get harsh, it's good for them to hear it. They have to grow up at some point, and maybe it even takes taking a step out of the box and realizing how dumb he's being to notice.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• uuggghhh I have been there, and said that also.
    And yeah, cat1622, it's usually about WoW.
    I hate that stupid game!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• so you compare his "educational" difference of opinion to being a single mom? girl, don't go there. you have no idea what you are saying. Get over it. Compromise is what mature adults do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My husband never reads to our kids. He never reads, period. I read all the time, and am in charge of bedtime stories. He watches TV with them, shows they like that I'd rather not watch. He plays video games with them. He plays with them outside. It all evens out.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009