To all single mothers

OMG how do you do it? My bf doesn't help out much at all , but at least of are son get sick in the middle of the night i can run out and pick him up meds while he sleeps. Sometimes i think about being a single mom because i really don't think my son father and i are going to last , it scares me so much. so how do you do it? Any little trick that make it easier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• With the helpp of my family. I have built up a huge support system around myself. I work full time and support us both. Its not easy, and Im often exhausted, but ya just do what you gotta do.

Honestly, I prefer being by myself. When DDs father comes around, things change. I have expectations of him, and when he doesn't live up to them I get disappointed. Simple things, like giving his daughter a bath. When its just me and her, I don't have anyone to be disappointed with.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Ditto to epoh
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 8:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Honey,be the best mom you can be. when I had my first 2 girls, I was married, he did nothing ,but,abuse me,I divorced him,went to school,worked 2 jobs at once,I took care of my kids,I refused to let my precious girls suffer because of that lazy jackass. My girls are now ,35, and 33,they are both successful,in life, and careers, I have always taught them 2 things, a man will only do ,what you let him do,second thing,regardless what daddy do, a real mom will always go the extra yard. You may get tired,you may get frustrated, you may want to give up, but,when,you see your child being Valedictorian(sp),and leading her class into the graduation,or,when,you see your child getting her college diploma,and,when you hold your first grandbaby,you will cry and say,yes, all the pain was worth it. God bless you single mothers. Don't give up !!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Things sort of fall into place out of necessity. I'm not technically a single mother, however my husband's job has him out of town 2-3 weeks at a time and when he's home it's for 3-4 days max, so most of the time it's just me, all the time. I've found that you seem to find a way no matter how impossible it seems. You start to develop a system for lugging kids around with you. You find strength that you really didn't know you had until you really need it. It's to the point now that I have things down to such a system that having my husband home throws everything off! Stay strong and learn to accept help sometimes..having a family/friend support system is key!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2009