What else?

I feel like I am not doing enough "learning activities" with my 16 month old daughter. I take her to the park, on walks, we play inside a lot too, with all kinds of toys, blocks, bags and boxes, and occasionally I pull out the baby einstein flash cards. I thought I would be better at the teaching thing... How do I do it? Every now and then I will say, what color is this? this is red, or this is a circle. She is ahead for her age as far as development, but I just feel like I am not doing enough... if you have any fresh ideas it would be helpful!

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 7:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd's favorite color teaching activity is nail painting. i always have my nail polish a wierd color for her, like right now it's purple, my toes are red, her toes are blue. tomorrow they'll pink, white, yellow. she loves it.
    i think you're doing a pretty good job. it sounds like what taylor and i do, or did then when she was that age.
    i got a lot of ideas at some websites, i just googled learning activities or something like that. good luck!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I've been looking on websites for days... cant find anything lol. must not be googleing properly...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't stress too much about "teaching" as much as jsut playing. Talking about the colors of every day things, pointing out shapes, reading and looking at the different letters/numbers are all forms of teaching. Just walking through a store and talking about what's on the shelf, what it does, what color it is, etc. is all a form of teaching. I suspect if you google "child development" so that you can see what skills develop when you'll get an idea of things to start to do with your child.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009