Potty Training Delimma

Hi all! I kept my 4 yo at home this summer (I telecommute on my job) so that I could finish up potty training so she would be ready to go to preschool this year. She does pretty well going pee, but with poop, she absolutely refuses to go. I've tried EVERYTHING... taking her every hour to the bathroom, rewarding her, candy, praise, letting her go naked, going straight to panties and just changing her every little bit... nothing is working. She will sit on the potty 15-20 minutes and then wet/poop her panties in less than 5 minutes after getting up! She's having accidents at preschool almost everyday, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull her out. She just had a checkup and the pediatrician didn't seem to think there was anything up physically... I know they have to do it on their own time, but I've been really working with her for 5 months now, and if anything she's getting worse! Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks!

lynxnc

Asked by lynxnc at 8:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my little one is totaly potty traind and is 24 months it is something i started on at 19 months and we did have a couple of set backs but the best thing to do is be consistant with her. my dd will not go #2 if any one is in the room with her so i just put her up on the potty and walk out that is what i have always done if you know that it is about time for a BM than take her to the potty and leave her there.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• that is till she gos and then make a big deal of it. if you are going back and forth between pantys and pull ups you are hurting her and not helping her.you need to put away all the pull-ups and only put them on her at night or nap time NO other time.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am not going back and forth with her.. she only wears pull ups at night when we eat supper late and she has to go straight to bed. I'm trying each method I've used so far for about a month, sometimes longer, before switching to something else...
    lynxnc

Answer by lynxnc at 8:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well she is old enough to start cleaning it up herself (my 2yr old helps me clean up his accidents). Maybe when she realizes that its not so fun to clean it up she'll stop, thats the only thing that worked for my brother.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2009