What age did your child learn to tell time?

spamica

Asked by spamica at 8:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• well its mostly like at age 4-5
    LilDenise

Answer by LilDenise at 8:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• 1st grade
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The funny thing is, they do teach it in first grade but before the kids get a good handle on it, they move onto a new lesson. My oldest DD is 17 and can not tell time by a regular clock, she has to have a digital, and thats all the schools have, so I guess it is no longer important. They push so much on them so fast the kids never really learn anything but the basics. I guess that has something to do with our state being the bottom 48 in education. It really is sad.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My kids are 7 & 8 and have mastered telling time on both a digital and analog clock.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The school teach clocks from the end of kindergarten,to the beginning of 1st grade, but,my sweet grandkids can't tell time a little bit,they know the half past,and quarter to,my 11 yr. old,twins 15, I don't get it, they tell me they know how to tell time ,but,they go read the microwave.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My oldest learned in first grade and they go over it every year (4th now). My son has been able to read a digital since he was 4, but learning this year at school (1st grade) for the regular clocks.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2009