Back labor?

I've been having awful cramps in my lower back for the past week and a half. I'm 30 weeks. Do you think that means that I'll have back labor? Anyone that I've spoken to that's mentioned something about back labor has said it's extremely painful. Did you have it during your labor? What were some things that helped ease your pain? I've been stretching a lot, doing yoga and whatnot trying to make the pain go away.

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG my back labor was UNBARIBLE! And I have a strong tolerance for pain. You'll know it's labor when you try to ease the pain and it wont go away/ or gets worst.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You have back labor if you're in labor and baby is posterior positioned (his/her back against your back).
    Your baby should not be too big now, to press so hard, I should think... And it's when you're in labor~ so most importantly, are you having preterm labor.

It IS something that you can change. There are exercises to coax baby anterior. BUT most babies do this on their own.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I'm not worried about it right now. Just wondering if me having all these lower back cramps NOW will mean that i'll have back labor when i DO go into labor.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Back labor is caused from the baby facing up. I had awful back labor I spent most my labor on my hands and knees and my MIL doing counter presser
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, wheeping, your baby's position between now and when you go into labor could change several dozen times~ no need to worry.

But you can do some things to prevent back labor~
    I will message it to you, it's too long for this small box. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• thank you very much doulala!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i started the first 30 minutes in back labor... it was distinctively uncomfertable. felt like i was getting knocked in my spine.

but after 30 minutes of contractions, the baby must have turned herself. it was instant relief (for a bit... then the hard part started)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009