Sorry, just a rant! Does anyone else think the could I be pregnant or am I in labor questions are silly?

We are intelligent women right? So if you are thinking you might be pregnant how in sam hell do you think we could tell you? Period and pregnancy can have similar symptoms.
There are two lines on the stick, does that mean I'm pregnant? Really, read the instructions, don't ask us!
I have cramps am I in labor? No one can answer that for you except a nurse with her hand jammed in your cervix. We can't.
I ovulate on this date and I had sex on this date, but my period is late but I don't feel pregnant, could I be? Well, confusing as it is, if you have sex you could get pregnant. As far as telling us your cycles and all about your discharge, I still can't tell you if you are pregnant.
These questions get asked so much it's looking like spam in the answer forum! So best advice(sorry it's not what you want to hear and it's frustrating) if you think you are in labor or could be prego, call doctor not log on for 20 answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• EXACTLY! I don't usually read the actual posts either, just the title. Unless noone has answered. If noone has answered the woman yet, I'll respond and tell her to go to the freaking DR. Okay, I get that we are women and want to talk nonstop about our children and our birth experience and our pregnancy but asking "How Far Dilated Am I" is just plain silly. If someone just wants to talk about being concerned how far dilated they are, fine, say THAT. Not ask a silly question that noone can possibly answer. AND what I find even more hilarious are the people who actually TRY to ANSWER these questions! When I first came to Cafemom I read EVERYTHING and was amazed that a woman actually told this chick how far dilated she was. "Woman Can Tell How Far Dilated You Are, No Exam or Questions Necessary"! LOL.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• lol
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• yep. But you could always reach through the computer and feel her cervix for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• How intelligent are you? Why don't you read what the hell you wrote then tell me how you rate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm smart enough to get by....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Who cares if they are sincere! It still seems pretty dumb sometimes. So take your own advice and SHUT UP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• wenona is just crabby because she is the one asking those questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• LMAO No what really gets me is when im in a chat room and they say:
    Im 3 days late could I be pregnant. - Take a test - I took one it was negative - Ok go to the doctor and get a blood test - I did he said it was negative - well then your probably not

BUT IM 3 DAYS LATE!!!

Duh lady it just happens sometimes
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• LOL. I've read a few that say "I'm pregnant and BLEEDING, is this normal?" So yeah, I know what you mean. I can understand someone needing advice because they are clueless but come on now, common sense should still be used. :) Good job, this is something that has been pissing me off also!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• and i dont mean to sound mean, I know sometimes women just bring it up that way to talk about it but some girls in chat just seem downright silly
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009