Someone please help? Im worried

The night before last, my son (15 months) was playing on the couch and fell off. He was screaming bloody murder for about half an hour. I took him to the Er and they told me his shin bone was fractured. They put him in a cast and prescribed him meds. But today I took him to the Dr for his leg, and the dr said it isn't broken. He said what the Er saw was just a blood vessel.
What worries me is I waited for a little over 2 hours to be seen. When he came in he said well good news it isn't broken. Tok the cast off and said it was good for him too because then he would not have to put a cast on a 1 yr old. Saying that a 1 yr olds bone would heal in 2 or 3 weeks anyway. Since he doesn't walk often it shouldn't matter it won't get too messed up.
But my son won't stand on it. He tries to and can for a few seconds but then starts to cry. His little knee is swollen and so is his foot. Should I take him back to the Er, or wait for dr

mrs.bug

Asked by mrs.bug at 8:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call ur doc & make an app asap. I'd tell them this & say look I'm concerned there is still something wrong can we check it out again. Be persistant w/ them & they will do what u want them to but dont let up. We've had our fair share of doc nightmares & have learned the ropes by now. I've had docs give wrong diagnoses & when I say I think its this they say no resulting in me going to the ER to get the meds I need! I understand ur frustration but Im' not sure there is need for an ER visit this late at night it can probably wait until tomorrow. I AM NO DOCTOR THOUGH SO DO WHAT YOU THINK IS BEST! Good Luck
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• wait for teh doctor he probably bruised it bad or sprained it if you fell from that height you migth not have any broken bones but you would probably be hurting
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If your ped x rayed him, he should see a fracture. He probably badly bruised his leg or even the bone and is now afraid or in pain when he stands on it. That's not to say they couldn't have missed something. My ER told me my son's wrist was fractured. It wasn't. It was nursemaid's elbow. Now I will only go to the two ER that have Children's units. But go with your gut.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• did they take new xrays or use the ones from the hospital? If they were using the old ones I would request (ok demand) new ones be taken since it seems there is two different readings. Hell, if the kiddo still wont stand on it in the morning I would probobly make them take a new set to settle it anyway. I have found a lot of docs see what they want to see in an xray and only someone whos specialty it is (and I cannot think of the word right now) can see clearly. Gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It seems like your doctor is being lazy and doen't want to put a cast on him. Take him back to the ER.You don't want him to get a Internal infection and they have to something much worse than a cast.
    sarahbearbabyj

Answer by sarahbearbabyj at 1:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2009