would it bother you?

When I had my son I developed postpartum depression shortly after. My relationship with my parents that had been close quickly dissolved in to next to nothing when they found out I was sick. They used to have us over every sunday and my mom would call everyday now they almost never call they never invite us over theyre always busy when we invite them over and they apparently dont have the time to spend with their grandson. So out of the blue my dad calls me at 7:30 when the baby is already in bed and tells me they are out galavanting int the twin cities (a two hour drive from where we live) and they were wondering if I could go over to their house and let out their 4 dogs. Frankly I'm pissed. They dont want anything to do with us unless they need us to take care of their damn dogs so I lied and made up an excuse about my husband working late and teh baby already being asleep so he guilt trips me about it. Would you be upset?

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 8:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• they're your parents, but they're people also so yea i would be piss to no end. you have your family now and since they can't come visit or call you, don't do nothing for them. now if they can return the favor and babysit when yall need to or have a nice sunday dinner then that's when you can do stuff for them. i know they are your parents and they should be given more respect but until they can respect you then i say don't give them any. you get respect when you give it!!!
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yep and I wouldnt let them guilt trip me into doing anything for them, I also would not lie. Be upfront and honest with them. You will feel better about everything, even if things dont change youat least voices your feelings. Maybe they are scared, or dont understand PPD.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• They left without pre-arranging care for animals? Couldn't they have asked someone nearby, say a NEIGHBOR, who could let the dogs out?

Praying that the PPD gets better. And sending huggles to your baby.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes I would be very upset! They have no time to see you but expect you to drop what you are doing to go put out their dogs! Sounds pretty shitty to me!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009