Pork recipes

im tired of making the same thing over and over. any recipes you got?

lilshortie415

Asked by lilshortie415 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• buy pork butts put in crockpot with 2 cups of water and pkg of lipton onion mix cook all day take out and shred once done and put back into crockpot mix with plenty of bbq sauce
    ayers65

Answer by ayers65 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I personally love this recipe! And i never glaze the meat at the end, but you can. it sounds weird, but its delicous!

1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
    salt and pepper to taste
    all-purpose flour for dredging
    3/4 cup maple syrup
    3/4 cup ketchup
    1/3 cup water
    1 tablespoon minced garlic

ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 9:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2.Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Meanwhile, season the pork roast with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, and shake off excess. Sear in hot oil until browned on all sides, about 1 minute per side.
    3.Place onto a large sheet of aluminum foil set on top of a baking sheet; set aside. Stir together the maple syrup, ketchup, water, and garlic. Pour 3/4 of this sauce over the pork. Fold the foil over the pork, and seal to form a packet.
    4.Bake in preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 2 hours. Carefully open up the foil packet, and broil for a few minutes until the sauce glazes the meat. Serve with remaining sauce.
    ClvDandJ

• oh yeah, lol its called "Maple Baked Pork Loin Roast" I got the recipe from allrecipes.com a while back. I'm having it tomorrow actually :)
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 9:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• In a slowcooker; put the serving of rice that you need, add a can of cream of whatever soup you like and the milk to make the soup. Add, 4-6 boneless porkchops, another can of cream of whatever soup you like and the milk to make the soup. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or High for about 4 hours. Watch so the rice doesn't get too mushy or start to stick. Season the porkchops as you like before putting in the slow cooker.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• For a pork roast (any variety) I use a thyme/garlic/kosher salt/black pepper/olive oil paste and bake/roast it. I'm sure the crockpot would work, too. It's so simple and tasty. It tastes a lot more sophisticated than it is. Country pork ribs/strips are GREAT with a jamaican jerk marinade - homemade or jarred. Most recently I tried pork chops that were breaded in crushed pretzels - that was a nice change. We've used leftover BBQ pork to make quesadillas - you'd think it's a weird combo but it's really good. You can also make tacos or burritos, but I leave out the BBQ sauce for that. Pork over rice with sweet n' sour sauce is okay. I've made it in stirfry, too, with veggies and either rice or noodles. David will smoke the pork for 24 hours in a dry rub that includes a mix of every spice known to man + brown sugar. I think baking/roasting/slow-cooking would be almost as good. :) PM me for recipes if you want. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009