Camcorder Recommendations?

I am looking at buying a new camcorder, I want one that will have a decent battery life (2 hours would be great) can be transferred to my computer easily, has a decent zoom so that if I am in the back of the gym during htat christmas program i can still get a good shot of my children, and one that is not too heavy. I also would like to keep it under 300 under 250 would be even better. I would love to have it capable of handling night events but its not a must. Does any one have a good one they would recommend? Any you are sorry you purchased? I'd love to hear your reasons either way :)

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• I have a JVC Everio and I love it. I bought mine from Amazon about 18 months ago and paid $250 for it. and free shipping. They were selling new about $450 at the time. I think they are around $250-$300 now.

My only issue with it is that you have to have it plugged into the wall to transfer video to the computer. It's slightly annoying, but I can work around it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 11, 2009