AAAARRGGHH, OK, vegetarian mama's HELP!!

So, today I gave in and ate at chick-fil-a. Actually it's because, well, I went to school then got a call that I needed to take a book to this one person then got called in for a last minute appt. etc etc etc. And by 6 p.m. I had eaten a cinnamon roll and that is it. So on the way home I grabbed some nuggets as I was driving back to the house. Desperate sort of thing you know. I have a problem eating salads from fast food places because the lettuce is always yucky along with the veggies. So how do I avoid this in the future. I mean, I couldn't PREVENT my schedule, but is there any way to prevent the temptation of just grabbing a quick bite? I was REALLY hungry and needed something. So any suggestions on how to avoid this issue in the future?

Petie

Asked by Petie at 9:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch idea that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist and I will be happy to forward a copy to you.

I always keep granola bars in my bag; my spouse keeps a case of Odwalla bars in his car; my daughter keeps a granola bar and a container of trailmix in her backpack

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I keep a bag of dry cereal (I like Crispix) mixed with peanuts in my car. It's got protein, it's got carbohydrates, it can sit there for a month and still be safe to eat. It is SOMETHING for those times I'm going nuts with hunger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• try Wendy's they have baked potatos. McDee's have fruit and walnut salads. I also keep to go cereal packs and little crackers and such in my car.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009