What can i do to help my baby while shes teething?

luckygurl17

Asked by luckygurl17 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give her a teething ring, there is the kind you put in the fridge. there's baby oragel. you can also cut some peices of cantelope or honeydew (big enough so she can't swallow/choke on them) and freeze them, just take one out of the freezer when you're ready to give it to her.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's not something that will help her right NOW... but invest in an Baltic Amber theething necklace... they are WONDERFUL! We have 3 for my son and they are really amazing!
    They aren't something they chew on, they wear them... and they heat up with the body temp and release an oil into the skin that is a natrual pain killer.
    We buy ours on Ebay from Europe becuase they are WAY cheaper... $8-10 per necklace including shipping, where in the U.S. they are about $20
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My daughter responds really well to teething tablets. She didnt like teething rings and things. Also, a clean finger on mama's hand was the teething toy of choice.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• hello my name is flecia. I am new on here and i just thought i would try and help... tho i may not be much help.. I am a mother of one also and she just turned 4 months... and people are always saying give them a teething ring but it doenst help when at the age of four months they dont really have a grip on what they are suposed to do with the ring.. Sure they will learn over time but my lil one chews on her fingers... she self soothes.... its nice... but really tho... I would use oragel as much as possible... sometimes i hold her passie up to her mouth and let her chew on it for a while too... it helps alot... no its not much fun for you to sit there but they are way happier in the end... and so that makes me happy.... sorry if i wasnt much help
    AzariahsMommy

Answer by AzariahsMommy at 10:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• pop cycles ,chewing on the outside of a pickle(it actually has some chemical in it that numbs gums) oragel (alhough it washes off as soon as they drink something), teething rings, vibrating teethers , Tylenol, or just wash ur hands and rub their gums w ur fingers apllying a little bit of pressure they love it
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009