Doctor being careless???

So I went to the hospital today cuz I'm 12 weeks and I've been blacking out and getting light headed very often lately... The doctor could only come up with my blood pressure is running too low and I was slightly dehyderated... He only checked me and never the baby, even though I asked if he would. What would you have done in my situation? Should I report this?

Amy75972

Asked by Amy75972 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I cant believe he said that!!! Yeah, I would report that. And Im sure he could've atleast checked for a heartbeat. When I had went to the ER they automatically checked for that but said they couldnt do much else. Which I understood, but they DID check for the heart. That's horrible for a Dr to say that. Sorry you had an a**hole dr :( hope everything gets better for you.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 10:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• thats ridiculous! I would complain if i were you... you have a right to have your baby checked if your worried...did they even listen to the heart beat???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I dont know if I would report it, some Dr's (from what Ive been told as far as hospital visits during pregnancy) dont know what to really check for. Myself, when I was pregnant I got the light headed, dizziness, and blacked out a few times. My OB said it was because my blood pressure was 2 times as much with a baby. You are pumping more blood for the baby now is what she said. She told me to make sure I eat in the mornings, and when these spells happen to drink orange juice. It seemed to help ease it. Id just make an appt with your OB and have them check it out, they would know more probably. Good Luck!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 10:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No. He said he didn't have time to spend it all in there with me, that he had 6 other rooms to take care of!!! I was PISSED to say the least...
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well if he didn't have the time then he shouldn't have so many patients. I would report his sorry butt! Thats what he gets paid the big bucks to do and your needs weren't met. I would definitely have your baby checked ASAP just to put your mind at ease!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would report him. I am really glad I live in a smallish town and that if I was prego and went to er they would call THE obgyn practice in town for directions on what to do with me, so I would probably end up seeing my doc anyway.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Call and talk to a nurse and make another appointment. They will likely resolve the issue and give you more information. It's often difficult to switch OBs in the middle of pregnancy so if you're thinking of switching hurry up and look and switch now before you get too far along. Just stay level headed and take care of yourself. Good luck mama! xo
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009