is your dh or so a work freak??

mine is..its like hes lost if he not working..hes up to go to work before the sun is even up ( hes gone by 5 am 5:30 am is late to him ) and most times hes not home till 10pm or later ( like tonight ) he comes home eats and falls asleep on the couch, i am a sahm and have no one to talk to and when he comes home he falls asleep when i try and talk to him. im NOT worried if hes cheating i know hes not, and the $ is good but he dosent understand he needs to come home even if its once a week to see the kids and myself. him coming home early is like 8pm. sometimes i hate being # 2..work is #1 then family. so is your man a workaholic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I have the same issue as you and I have tried everything and nothing has worked. My last draw right now is to leave him b/c its not fair to my son or me. so I really dont have the answer for you but fight for what you want and let me know if you find a trick...
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 9:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My hubby used to be like that. Sometimes it takes a major wake up call to help them realize that money is nice, but it's nicer to have time with your family.
    I hope it doesn't take the things it took for my hubby, but I do hope something happens that opens his eyes up before it's too late. Kids are only young once, and he's missing out on the best time of his life and doesn't even realize it and that's so sad.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Sort of. He acts like he can't miss a day, but I really think its because he doesn't want to be home. He wouldn't take time off to help me after our second daughter was born.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Mine doesn't work enough. I wish I had your problem. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. :(
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 10:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We own a family farm, and my husband is gone some weeks from sun-up to sun-down. ABout 5 years into our marriage I realized it wasn't always becasue he had to be gone, but he likes to work, and will come up with new projects to do, when there is nothing to do.
    This would piss me off BIG TIME. But he really needs to be doing something. I realized how serious this is to him when we went on our first vacation, we stayed with my girl friend, and while there he fixed her hot tub, washing machine, and stabalized her deck!
    Now he does try to be home for bed time and some on Sunday, and tries to attend the kids major games and school functions with us. But he still constantly needs to be working as well. His father is 80, and still puts in a 7 to 8 hour day as well, and is healthy as all get out, so if that is what I have to look forward to, I'm starting to be o:k with it.
    nancyjeanine

Answer by nancyjeanine at 10:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• id be happy, my fiancee' dosnt get off the damn computer playing some game on facebook all day... i wish i had the excuse of him being at owrk is why hes not paying attention to our family.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My dh works long hours during the week. Actually it's 10 and he's not home yet either! We have been married 10 years and I am used to it now. He doesn't work on the weekends so he spends quality time with us then. I know he is working his guts out to provide for us so I am very appreciative of that. dh has always been a workaholic, even in college he studied full time and had 3 part time jobs. Some men are just built this way! In the beginning of our relationship I used to wait for him to get home, but ended up feeling very lonely. Now I just get on with my life, feel independent, have my own interests and spend time with the kids. At the end of the evening we are always happy to see each other. Maybe you can communicate with each other during the day - phone calls with the kids/you? Maybe he could start work later? Perhaps take your kid(s) to school? Does he know that you miss him? Good luck.
    Catwoman246

Answer by Catwoman246 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I also wanted to add that I am a SAHM too, and it is really important to meet other people if you feel you don't have anyone to talk to. Could you meet some other moms through kids activities? Chances are there are other moms who would LOVE to have a conversation with another adult too and may be shy to say hello.
    Catwoman246

Answer by Catwoman246 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my bf leaves home early to come see me b4 work so wife won't know. she thinks he is a workaholic too, yeah...he works real hard... on me! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My hubby is like this too, he is usually up and out by about 6 a.m. and home by 6 p.m., but then he takes his laptop and goes into our bedroom to play dumb games on FaceBook. I told him just last night that the kids and I would like some time with him, he doesn't totally get it! While I am thankful and blessed that he has a good job, it is frustrating that even when he's home he isn't really here. I feel you sweetie!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009