Money Question

Dose it say anywhere in the bible if the husband or wife should handle the money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Who cares! The person who should handle the money is the person who is better at it and more comfortable with the "job"!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well there are principles that say the husband is the head and the wife should be submissive to him, it aint actually spelled out. When communication isnt there the problems arise, it needs to be a two way street.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• no..and FYI, proverbs 31 even supports working mothers. in case someone tells you the man totally rules the household..
    13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands..
    15 She gets up while it is still dark;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her servant girls.
    16 She considers a field and buys it;..
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
    18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night..
    24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think this falls under the husband and wife should "become as one" thing.

Honestly, if you're not on the same page financially it's going to lead to fights and discontent in your marriage, so you got to agree on a budget together.

From there, I don't think it matters who keeps track of spending just so long as you are one on how it is spent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No I do not think it matters.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, and it doesn't fall under the submissive catagory. I am far better with the money than my husband. We make money decisions together but I am the one who knows what comes in and what is going out. So he will come to me and ask me if we have the money for whatever.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It should fall on the one who can keep track of it better. in my case.. its my husband. He is more financially minded than I am.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Do you really want to follow the bible literally? Do you stone your children for disobedience?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009