how to get my nephew off the bottle

i have a 2 year old nephew my sister is having trouble taking him off the bottle any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get him some training cups with straws. My son uses the Playtex kind. Nuby, Munchkin & some other brands make them too. The upper portion of the straw is made of silicone so it feels similar to a baby bottle nipple. They're also better for a kid's teeth than bottles or sippy cups.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 10:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Throw the bottle away... thats what I did. Just to avoid temptation of giving it to my kids. Out of sight, out of mind lol. If your nephew is familiar with sippy cups then it shouldnt be a big problem. He may cry for it for a day, then it will probably be forgotten. Atleast it was with my kids, they didnt worry about it after the next day. Good Luck!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 10:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Throw them out. Let the little brat cry all he wants, just dont give him a bottle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009