How can people say God won't give you more than you can handle when so many people commit suicide?

Obviously their lives got to be to much for them to handle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well if you put faith in JESUS you would know better.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Because they dont realize they CAN handle it. Some just get so overwhelmed and never stop to take a breath and give their troubles to God. Some don't believe in God so they don't turn to Him. Some have mental problems like depression. There are all kinds of reasons of why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• when your in a terrible state like that, you don't think about God, you feel there's no way out... that must be awful
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm guessing this is the same questionare that's posted MOST of the anonymous questions so far. One can never run out of questions, and that's where faith comes in. If you don't believe God can help you He can't. It's up to any individual to allow His help and grace to take place your heart and life. How can you love someone without faith? You have to be willing to ask and then trust that your prayer will be answered. Killing yourself is not the way to fix your problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Suicide is a choice, not a curse. When we don't trust in God things are too much for us to handle.
    God doesn't make people commit suicide, the devil does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• its always guesswork when it comes to reasoning suicide. no one is left to explain the act. sure, some may leave a note or 'clue' but there's no real explanation to what pushes that last button. sometimes a person doesn't think beyond the moment. what gets one person down to that point of uselessness (real word? idk), may not affect another as harmfully.
    to say faith in God would circumvent the act of suicide, is not necessarily true, either. aside from mental instability, or psychological problems, mind-altering narcotics/etc, the reasons for someone feeling 'there's nothing to live for' just doesn't equal lack of faith in God, or divinity. i trust in God with every fiber of my being, and am sure of my salvation/eternity..but that didn't stop me from thinking about suicide at one point in my life--if anything, i contemplated being in Heaven that much sooner...and to heck with life on earth...JMO.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• He allowes certain things but also everythime he allowes somethings he gives us a way out. Choose him... I had a friend commit suicide, I handed the knife to his brother so he could get cut down he had hung himself. If he had known God I do not htink he would have gotten drunk and so angry and hung himself. But I will never know in this lifetime.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well my life is shit right now... my marriage is on the rocks, we are about to lose everything because my hubbys job sucks ass but I haven't thought about suicide... to me suicide happens when someone is too weak to stick it out
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Having been there, suicide is not being able to look forward far enough to see the good. I got locked into the thought process "yesterday was bad, today is worse, tomorrow will probobly be even worse". Then you combine that with "I am so worthless that others in my life would be better without me (esp since I had been depressed for so long I had lost two jobs to it)" God is there, you just have to be able to see out of that fog to get to him. Now I KNOW I can reach out for him, but then, I couldn't see it then, and nobody was willing to help me get there.
    God also gives us free choice. We make the choice to do things, so while he gives us challenges, he also gives us the understanding to make the choices we make.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Unbelief and mistrust are the main factors in why christians commit suicide. What do I mean by it? There is a lack of trusting God and believing that He will carry you through it all. Often breakthrough is right around the corner but the lack of trust and the spirit of unbelief drives people to do drastic things. They either walk away from God or kill themselves. He never gives us more than we can handle BUT we can put more on ourselves if we do not let Him have the burdens that way us down.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009