Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you leave your child with their father if its not legal?

my daughter's father has decided he wants to be alone with her and thinks i will just let him. He is in another state and has no legal rights to her. he is not on the birth certificate and i am not persueing child support because he will get her on a regular basis. but now he is claiming that i am being unreasonable. now he can just take her away and i wouldn;t have any idea where she is. so just wondering is anyone else ever had a similar situation. no child support just sending like diapers and such. not the same thing.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (10)
  • There is NO WAY I would leave my child alone in that situation - you are not being unreasonable, you are caring for your child!

    Answer by psugal at 10:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • what?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • I would listen to your gut, if you don't want to leave her with him then DON"T, screw him, legally he isn't going through the proper channels and has no right to her, why does he need to be alone with her so bad anyways? you could offer suprivised visits to start out with

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • No one that I don't trust gets guardianship of my children for any length of time, regardless of our relationship or their relationship to my child.  How old is she? 


    Answer by carlye828 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • well, he just wants to spend time with her. and he has visited and i have supervised the visits. its not that. its the other state thing. he wants her over nights and such. he thinks i will change my mind. she is 6months. oh he wont ever get her alone. i told him over and over again. i don;t know his family i don't know alot of background on him. he is a good man and has a son but it was through the legal channel with his son. he was the one that didn;t want it legal binding. so what i say goes.

    Answer by lambdarose at 10:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • If you dont trust it then dont do it.

    Answer by agallion at 11:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • Um...not so much

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • if he doesnt want it to be legal i wouldnt allow it. it either means he plans t not be around long or he never wants to help youu out

    Answer by treystiredmommy at 11:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • Although my DD's father doesn't live out of state, he does live an hour and a half away. In the last NINE MONTHS he's seen her 3 times. Christmas eve, in April, and on her birthday. I refuse to let him take her that far away from me, when he can't even make an effort to come see her so she can get to know him. He may have provided the genetic material for her conception, but that doesn't make him her daddy. She has screamed the three times he's seen her. He doesn't even bother to call and talk to her. So I COMPLETELY understand where you're coming from, and I wouldn't budge if I were you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • my dd is 7 months old and her dad hasnt been around..hes never even seen her. i moved to a different state and he called once to ask how she was but i would never agree to let her go with him...ever. unless he does it legally he has no rights to her.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.