What foods to eat while breastfeeding?

I want to know what to eat for My Calorie intake for My Baby?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 10:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eat whatever you like! I didn't eat any different after I had my DD than I did when I was pregnant (or even before then, too!). Just make sure you're making healthy food choices.

And if you eat something spicy, or is known to cause gas, watch for baby. Some babies react, some don't.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• eat healthy foods- baby can still get a taste for what you eat if it's really strong, try to avoid food that makes you gassy- chances are it will give your lo major gas too. eat at least three good size healthy meals each day, and try to get snacks in if you get hungry between meals. drink lots of water to stay hydrated- it's easy to get dehydrated when you bf. fiber is very good for you- oatmeal can help boost your milk production a little, and it's really good for you. get the full range of colors on your plate- check out the food pyramid at www.mypyramid.gov for general serving amounts.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009