Child Abuse Cause ???

So there's a video going around about Baby Brianna, and Kelsey Briggs. First off I cryed for hours about them both. It still bothers me thinking about it. Kelsey was the age of my littliest when she was killed. Anyway my point is, does anyone know of any organizations I can get involved in or donate to, to help prevent child abuse. I've even considered Fostering, but with my girls being only 2 and 3 I don't feel like it's time yet for that. Anyway I would love to get involved as apposed to reading about these HORRIBLE cases and not being able to do anything at all to help preventing it. Thanks SO very much for any information.

TiffBryan

Asked by TiffBryan at 10:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• do a google search for childrens homes in your community. most take monetary donations, or you could do a drive for toys for xmas, school supplies, food that kind of thing.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am not sure exactly how you can find organizations in or around your area, maybe check with the local police department and ask them if they know of anything you could do. I saw the video about little Kelsey and my heart absolutely broke. I cried and cried...and then I went and hugged my hubby and my girls. So sad that it was not prevented. Makes me get all teary even thinking about it. =-(
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 10:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You should read about and look at autopsy photos of Nixmary Brown. I was sick (literally) for days. This girl was abused for so long...tied to a chair, had to use a litter box...

These cases make me so sad. This proves that just having a baby does NOT make you a mother (or father), as some people still try to claim.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009